Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- If you’re looking for something serious, more dark and brooding, or more regionally centric, No Way Out shows at Georgetown’s Sunset Cinema. Who doesn’t like political thrillers in this city?
- If you’re looking for something fun and kid friendly, Rio 2 plays at NoMa’s Family Film Night. Remember that all the NoMa films are in a gravel lot, so bring lots of chairs and blankets (and friends) to make the experience as fun as possible.
- Plus if neither of those films do it for you, Bethesda’s Outdoor Movie Festival starts tonight and goes all week. They’re showing Sixteen Candles, which is cool.
- Like sad music? Me too. Discordant guitars are such sweet sorrow or something like that. Velvet Lounge’s Summertime Sadness show brings Grotto Girl and June Gloom to DC. Let’s get down tonight.
- If you want something sunnier with stronger West Coast-vibes, you’re in luck, as Sonny & the Sunsets are at Black Cat.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best July round-up.