Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- It’s Bastille Day! Check out our Bastille Day feature!
- Go see The Boxtrolls at South Riding Center’s Movie Night. It’s a fun, quirky, albeit slightly steam punk animated film, that’s like three reasons to go right there.
- If animation isn’t your thing, head over to DCJCC for a screening of Wet Hot American Summer. It’s probably a good idea to see if before Netflix ruins it for everyone (or maybe their version will be great, who knows).
- If you’re more in the mood for political drama, see State of Play at Georgetown Sunset Cinema for Robin Wright in all of her awesome badassery. It starts at… sunset (duh).
- You could see locals Teen Mom and Swings at the Pinch.
- Or if you’re working on a ‘zine (be it literary or art based) and you’re in need of some tips, meet likeminded counterculturalists at Zine Night.
- If you want a more quiet night filled with art, there’s always the 1460 Wallmountables, a diverse show filled with small works of art from across all disciplines.
- See modern day troubadour / traveling folk-man A.A. Bondy at Rock and Roll Hotel.
- Or if you’re feeling more inclined towards something electric, see Sleepy Kitty and Br’er at Black Cat.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best July round-up.