Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- You like movies, right? Of course you do. You like dancing? Then you gotta see Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo at NoMa’s Summer Screen, fo’ free.
- OR if you’re more down to see a musical, you can go to South Riding Movie Night and see Into The Woods, which is also free.
- You could see punk weirdos the Rezillos at Black Cat (watch this weird music video for reference to said weirdness).
- Or you could see the more spacey, Michigan hearthrobs that are Heaters at DC9.
- Or even Mates of State at Rock and Roll Hotel. So much cool music in the middle of the week? What a time to be alive.
- If you want something more arty, you can go to the Nam June Paik Birthday Celebration, complete with “Paik cake,” movies and more.
- The Summer Camp Show at Wonderland Ballroom will help with the emotional catharsis of having actually gone to summer camp at one point (we’re still not over it either).
- Or you could participate in “recess for grown ups” with Play With Love’s event in Dupont, if you’re down for some freeze tag.
- Want to go to the beach but not leave DC? The National Building Museum’s got you covered (plus local band Shark Week will play at this event, seems fitting).
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best July round-up.