Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Harry Potter’s birthday may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get drunk and watch a children’s film (okay okay, it’s fun for the whole family). Muggle Monday’s is back at Black Cat and this week, they’re showing The Order of the Phoenix.
- There are very few concerts happening tonight but you can see Beach Slang at DC9. They are an okay band and you will probably like them.
- If Beach Slang doesn’t sound like your jam, try The Aristocrats at Jammin Java. No, not the joke.
- Head over to the Kennedy Center to see Colors of Vietnamese Ethnic Cultures. There’s going to be music and dancing and you will learn all sorts of things about Vietnam. How fun.
- There is also a Candlewax Records showcase at Galaxy Hut! For those of you that buy your music on physical media!
- Apparently Culture Club is at Wolf Trap? I am very confused.
- If you want to talk about books and government and religion, Barry Lynn will be talking about his book his book God and Government: Twenty-five Years of Fighting for Equality, Secularism, and Freedom of Conscious at Brookland’s Busboys & Poets. I’m sure it will be on hell of a party.
- If that one book talk didn’t satisfy you, you could head on over to the 14th & V Busboy’s and see Delphine Schrank talk about her book The Rebel of Rangoon: A Tale of Defiance and Deliverance in Burma. What a time.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best August round-up.