Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Have you checked out our guide for Your Best July? This might be a good place to start…
- The Hip-Hop Theater Festival kicks off at the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage today with Balon the Oomph That Keeps You There. The show is a combination of theater, dancing and spoken word that explores the effects of gentrification on DC’s changing culture.
- Afterwards, check out DC’s Hip-Hop festival opening night kickoff party at Old Engine No. 12 (Washington firehouse) starting at 9pm.
- Fort Reno starts tonight at 7 p.m. featuring East West HWY, Sara Curtain, and The Fuss.
- Life Drawings at Hillyer Artspace return tonight after a long hiatus. This is an independent figuring drawing class where students can work from live nude models in their medium of choice. All ages, $12, starts at 6pm.
- There are a lot of smart people in DC, see how your squad measures up at Bier Baron Tavern’s Monday night trivia. Food and Drink specials abound and the game starts at 7:30pm.