Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Start planning the rest of your month RIGHT NOW with our suuuuper helpful guide. What would you guys even do without us?
- Slate Wine Bar’s summer festival begins. Head over at 5pm for complimentary mussels (aka my favorite kind of mussels) and some cheap wine (aka my favorite type of wine).
- If you’re more of a cocktail person, the National Archives is throwing a cocktail competition and tasting. Not only will you be drinking great cocktails from some awesome bartenders, you’ll also have after hours access to the museum. Sounds like a good deal to me.
- The Smithsonian Folklife Festival is still kicking. Catch Tutuma, an Afro-Peruvian band, at the Kennedy Center tonight.
- Grease is playing outdoors at Storey Park and I can’t imagine a better way to spend your afternoon. Seriously. Just go see Grease.
- If you would rather see a Jane Austen film (I don’t understand you and we probably can’t be friends), then head on over to Dumbarton House to see Sense & Sensibility.
- America is at The Birchmere. Just head over there to see them perform Horse With No Name and then leave. You will be making the best decision.
- Darkest Hour is performing Undoing Ruin in its entirety at Black Cat. Loud Boyz and Dead to Fall will be opening. Sounds cool.
- If you’d rather stay in and binge some funny stuff on Netflix / Hulu / Amazon Prime / whatever, consult our Sitcom Streaming Guide.