Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Morrissey is at Echostage. Hopefully he doesn’t cancel.
- The AFI international documentary film festival begins tonight. Check back to see our preview of Day 1.
- 9:30 Club presents Jungle with opening artist Sunni Colon. End your day with upbeat vibes and songs that won’t leave your head for the rest of the week.
- Relax and unwind with some Shaw Sunset Yoga. What could be better than doing down dog while watching the sunset on the roof of an old bread factory?
- Check out the live taping of the podcast “You’re the Expert” at DC Improv. You’ll get some laughs and hey, it’s academic too!
- If you are a huge Harry Potter fan (and let’s face it, who isn’t?) then you should definitely go see Potted Potter at the Lansburgh Theater. Even if you are unaware of all things Harry Potter, now is your chance to get all the reading done in just 70 minutes. Accio ticket!
- Empress your friends with expert skills in hip hop and breakdancing by participating in James White’s Culture Shock class.
- Alice Walker, Beauty in Truth will be playing at the Smithsonian Anacostia Community Museum. Become an expert on the Pulitzer-Prize winning author.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best June round-up.