Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- It’s Capital Pride week! If you’re looking for something Pride related, check out our CAPITAL PRIDE GUIDE, featuring the always fit Richard Simmons…
- Florence and the Machine are playing Merriweather Post Pavilion along with Brooklyn-based opener Empress Of.
- If trekking out to Columbia, Maryland sounds like too much effort on a Tuesday, get your music fix at Comet Ping Pong, where Wildhoney is playing.
- Get inspired by some spoken-word poetry at Rep Ya Hood: The Untold Stories of D.C. Neighborhoods, a slam poetry competition at the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage.
- Head over to the Watha T. Daniel-Shaw Library to learn all about the censorship of comic books at Heroes and Villains and Vampires: Censoring Comics from 1954-2011.
- It’s movie night in Adam’s Morgan, so catch a free outdoor screening of Rich Hill, a somber drama that received acclaim at Sundance.
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best June round-up.