Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- White Lung will be at DC9 with openers Obliterations and Big Mouth. We interviewed White Lung, they’re pretty awesome.
- If you’re looking for something Pride related, check out our CAPITAL PRIDE GUIDE, featuring the always fit Richard Simmons…
- It’s World Ocean Day and you’re not close enough to the sea, so come to Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History for a free event that includes talks from ocean experts, film screenings, art and science activities, and performers.
- Munch on popcorn while you watch some bad guys get killed at Crystal City’s screening of Mission: Impossible II
- The Goethe Institut is screening Villalobos, a film that follows Chilean-German DJ Ricardo Villalobos, the most significant figure in today’s minimal techno scene. It’s the third installation of a series that explores the aspects of electronic music and club culture in the first decade of our new century.
- Catch the masked SBTRKT at the 9:30 Club. Maybe he’ll play some of the experimental tracks he recently put out on Soundcloud.
- Brian Murphy will be at Politics & Pros speaking about his new book 81 Days Below Zero, which follows the 12 weeks a WWII pilot survived in the Alaskan wilderness after parachuting from a falling aircraft.
- It’s the last day to catch the National Air and Space Museum’s exhibition Outside the Spacecraft
- If none of that did it for you, consult our Your Best June round-up.