Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- You, Me, Them, Everybody will be recording a special episode at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company following the 8 p.m. Zombie: The American. Join in on all the D.C. fun. Free.
- The “Perfect Liars Club” will host four storytellers, three of which are telling the truth. It’s your job as an audience member to spot the liar. Plus it’s at Bier Baron.
- Dance it out with beginner’s blues dance lessons at the Emergence Community Arts Collective. We’re past Hump Day, that calls for some unwinding and dancing, right?
- Or if you just want to watch some dancing, NoMa Summer Screen will be showing Centerstage for free as well. Plus there’ll be food trucks.
- You can hear Clark Elliott speak at Busboys and Poets about his new book, The Ghost in My Brain: How a Concussion Stole My Life and How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Helped Me Get It Back. If it sounds intense, that’s because it is.
- Art on the Art Bus will host a moving exhibition of Khanh H. Le, picking up patrons at the Court House Metro Stop.
- Indie-rap legends Jedi Mind Tricks will return from a six year hiatus to perform at U Street Music Hall, providing “raw, gritty underground hip-hop.