Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Adams Morgan Movie Nights kick off tonight with The Lego Movie! Make sure to go back next Tuesday for the BYT reader chosen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off! We are genuinely excited, hence the multiple exclamation marks.
- Want to get out of your mind? Tech N9ne is performing at the Howard Theatre. His show with Freddie Gibbs last year blew the roof off, so this one is sure to be nuts too.
- Get classy with Rossini’s opera version of Cinderella at the Kennedy Center. This one features two Cinderellas, apparently.
- Party it up prohibition style with a cocktail tasting from Brick & Mortar, featuring authentic cocktails made from house-made syrups and locally made spirits.
- Or if you’re really bougie, eat it up with Chef George Pagonis and Chef Gregory Gourdet at G Sandwich for a once in a lifetime meal. Gourdet will serve roast duck breast with peanut brittle and nam prik pao. Whatever nam prik pao is, it sounds delicious.
- You could see Monica Jahan Bose’s two art films about climate change at the Anacostia Arts Center, followed by a q and a afterwards.
- And finally, TV on the Radio is playing at Echostage with Bo Ningen, and it’s gonna be awesome. Put on your dancing shoes and get out there! But have fun too.