Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Have you purchased tickets to our National Geographic After Hours party? They’re going fast…
- Go see the American Youth Philharmonic Orchestra’s Chamber Ensemble perform at the Kennedy Center. You should always support the youth.
- If you wanna get really rowdy tonight. Check out Downtown Boys (and Gauche / Sneaks) at the Black Cat Backstage.
- Or go check out some road trip art at Former Residence of the Ambassadors of Spain. Road trips are good and art is good.
- We have an excellent post about National Geographic’s new Indiana Jones exhibit. Take a second and read it, then go out and SEE IT. Like, IRL.
- Why not learn about spies? Go see Dwight R. Messimer talk about his book, The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I, at the National Archives. Think of how much you’ll learn about secret agents and U-Boats. Probably so much.
- If you’re in Takoma go see Reid Mitenbuler talk about his book Bourbon Empire! Bourbon is gross, but I’m sure you’ll still have a good time. You can even order some bourbon from the bar while you learn about bourbon. How fun.
- Listen, you’re not really doing anything Monday night, so why not learn how to ballroom dance? Seriously, why not? What’s holding you back? Just go. You have no reason not to.