Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
You might have missed it, since it’s been a relatively drama-free and painless experience, but tonight is Election Night.
- VOTE! Get out and vote! Today is is the day! Think of nothing else before you vote, don’t even eat, unless you get hangry. Find your polling place and vote. As a bonus you get tons of free or discounted stuff with your I Voted sticker, if you really need more incentive.
- Check out our Election Night Guide for anything and everything election related you can do to celebrate fulfilling your civic duty by voting.
Everything else on the Hit List is Election-free. They are all concerts but that’s because pretty much everyone is going to be fixated on the Election.
- Go see Seu Jorge’s “The Life Aquatic” a Tribute to David Bowie at the Howard Theater to hear some Portuguese renditions of David Bowie classics that Bowie approved.
- Calum Scott is playing U Street Music Hall tonight at 7 p.m. He’s British/Canadian so I guess you could use him as a form of escapism.
- Grouplove is playing Echostage tonight at 7 p.m. Maybe they’ll play that Bojack Horseman song. Maybe they’ll stick to their normal songs. Who knows? Also, read our interview with Grouplove.
If none of these options float your boat, check out our AGENDA for more ideas (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)