Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Perfume Genius takes over Black Cat tonight. Check out the Seattle-based musician before his upcoming appearances at Coachella in April.
- Washington Women in Jazz Festival hosts Janel Leppin’s Ensemble Volcanic Ash at Union Arts.
- Cellist and composer Ben Sollee plays at Rock & Roll Hotel with Steeples, Part One, his first lyrical release in almost two years.
- Today is St. Patrick’s Day, a.k.a. the day when we all wear green and drink in the name of an Irish Patron Saint’s death. Check out our St. Patrick’s Day in the District guide for everything you need to know.
- Fadó celebrates St. Patrick’s Day all-day long, opening at 8 a.m. with Irish dancers and live bagpiper performances.
- Rumors DC gets in on fun with the 16th annual Shamrocks & Shenanigans. Swing by for live music, stop the clock drink specials, prizes and more bagpipers.
- Traditional Celtic band IONA plays at Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club.
- Town Tavern hosts St. Patrick’s Day Mayhem, celebrating all things Irish, like pints of Guinness and $7 Car Bombs.
- Jack Rose Dining Saloon has a special rooftop happy hour with $5 Irish beers and more Irish-inspired drinks at the underground den Dram & Grain, including the Lifted Lucky Charm cocktail with Jameson and Lucky Charm-infused heavy cream.