Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- The show of the night/reason to get stuck in traffic is Modest Mouse and Brand New at Merriweather.
- Beach House has another night at 9:30 Club.
- Spookmaster (is that a term?) John Carpenter brings his spooky sounds to spooky Lincoln Theatre. The Lincoln Theatre is spooky because it’s next door to Ben’s Chili Bowl and a spooky man is on the side of that building. I might watch They Live tonight. They Live is a documentary.
- The Georgetown Sunset Cinema series is screening Close Encounters of the Third Kind at 8:30 p.m.
- Have you checked out the new Buckeye + Bear? They have their free Underground Comedy show at 8 p.m.
- Steely Dan is at Jiffy Lube Live. Really good night for old guys playing music.
And if none of that works, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it).