Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- Check out the Faces & Places of D.C. winners at the W Hotel. It’s free, with amazing photographs of the people and places of our beloved homeland.
- It’s the first day of the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Celebrate all things Basque culture on the National Mall. Rituals, live music, and festive food options for all!
- Tale of Us is at U Street Music Hall. Booming, atmospheric techno that will swallow you whole. I’ll be there.
- The Jane Austen Film Festival kicks off at Dumbarton House with a screening of Sense & Sensibility. It’s sold out, but museum members can still get in for free.
- Feeling left out? Then head to Nat Geo for “A Big Fat Greek Happy Hour“. See artifacts from over 20 museums in Greece. Happy hour kicks off at 6 p.m., movie at 7:30 p.m. Windex available on site (not really).
- And if you need a free movie, Fast Five is at NoMa Summer Screen, sponsored by our friends at REI and with a ton of awesome food trucks this week.
And if none of that works, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it).