Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- The obvious go-to this evening is the José Andrés-backed Dine-N-Dash. At 6 p.m., shell out the cash, because it’s for a good cause, then get ready to rip up the streets eating as much food as possible at as many locations as possible until 10 p.m.
- The Barenaked Ladies are at Wolf Trap. You don’t need to be ashamed about your 90s nostalgia.
- The weather is still obscenely nice. So go to Dacha for Dacha Beer Club. Every Wednesday they highlight a “an interesting, rare and significant brew.” This week it’s DuClaw’s Blood Orange Neon Gypsy.
- Thrice is playing at the Fillmore. You’re an angsty little thing, aren’t you?
- NoMa’s Summer Screen series continues with Guardians of the Galaxy. Chris Pratt gives me hope that I will one day go from “flabby” to “be my baby daddy.”
- There’s a free Barre class at 5:30 p.m. in the Plaza at 2100 M St. There’s some other outside stuff you can do later this week. I still don’t know what Barre is.
And if none of that works, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it).