Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Manic Street Preachers play 9:30 Club. U.S. Royalty opes.
- Bay Area soul band Monophonics play at the Howard Theatre with the People’s Blues of Richmond.
- It’s the start of Bethesda Row Restaurant Week! Take advantage of the celebrations and snag a three-course dinner for $30 at participating restaurants.
- Ambient-pop trio Seoul and the Berlin-based group Ballet School play DC9 for a show filled with transient vocals.
- Filmfest DC continues this week with a healthy amount of screenings. Tonight’s showings include films from Australia, Italy, France, India and Israel. Check out the listings here.
- Nigerian authors Chigozie Obioma and E.C. Osondu stop by Busboys and Poets Takoma to discuss their latest novels and fiction writing within the African community.
- Rapper Joey Fatts takes over U Street Music Hall as part of his Illstreet Tour.
- Singer-Songwriter James McMurty brings his poetic lyrics to The Hamilton, dance floor included.
- Catch Christoph Waltz in his prime, a.k.a acting like an asshole, with a $2 screening of Big Eyes at Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.