Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
- The Royal is a great place for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. Mostly drinks. So we’re recommending tonight’s class on vermouth. Really, vermouth.
- National Geographic Live presents Almost Human. Learn more about how the Nat Geo Explorer in Residence Lee Berger discovered a new species. Watch in awe as you simultaneously question everything you’ve accomplished.
- Letras Latinas, the literary initiative at the University of Notre Dame’s Institute for Latino Studies, is hosting The New Sonneteers at the Folger Theatre. Go to hear poetry by Malachi Black, Laurie Ann Guerrero, and A. Van Jordan.
- The Turkish Film Week is sponsoring a screening of the film Ivy at Landmark E Street Cinema.
- The DCJCC is hosting a screening of the 2015 documentary Teaching Ignorance. Tickets are $13.50.
Nothing doing it for you? Consult our YOUR BEST APRIL feature.