Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
- If you don’t have anything to do during the day, go down to the Renwick Gallery for a talk with Curator Nicholas Bell. It’s a really cool exhibit and learning the thoughts and feelings behind it will probably make it even cooler.
- Foals and Circa Waves are at The Lincoln Theatre. This is definitely going to be the most popular show of the night.
- Plus, San Fermin is also at 9:30 Club. It’s a good night for music.
- Roofers Union is throwing their Ugly Sweater Party! Put on some gross clothes and drink your life away.
- Do you need a hug? Do you want to give someone else a hug? Then head over to Handsome Cock to watch some of your favorite local comedians do their saddest material. After every set the audience will decide if the comic is worthy of a hug or not. I’m sure it will be weird.
- Watch Amadou Kouyate play his 21-string Kora at Bossa Bistro.
- Gypsy Sally’s Holiday Hoedown takes place tonight. The Thrillbillys and Ruthie and the Wranglers will be playing. I’m equal parts horrified and intrigued.
- Hear D.C. artist Marcella Kriebel talk about her cookbook Mi Comida Latina at CUA’s Barnes & Noble. It’s good to support local artists.
- Or how about a stroll down to Georgetown GLOW?
- If you’d rather stay inside and binge on Netflix/books/television, consult Your Best December.