Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
- FotoWeek continues with dozens of exhibits and events. One highlight is Lynsey Addario, arguably one of the most compelling women photojournalists out there, talking at National Geographic on what it’s like to work in hot spots such as Afghanistan Libya, and other conflict zones. Check out our other picks here.
- Celebrate Veterans Day volunteering. We have a guide to help get you started.
- The Renwick is having their second opening party. It’s from 7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m, and tickets are still available. Check out our preview of the new/old museum.
- The Summer Camp Show is at Wonderland Ballroom, starting at 8 p.m. There will be talk of odd childhood experiences and even more exciting, “unusual group activities.” Think Wet Hot American Summer.
- Pizzeria Paradiso in Dupont is taking the night to celebrate English brewing.
- Busboys and Poets Brookland is hosting a book talk by Deepa Iyer on We Too Sing America from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Morton Fine Art is hosting New Ancient Pictures, an exhibit by Vonn Sumner. It’s sort of like Surrealist art but not.
- El Vy and Flock of Dimes are playing at 9:30 Club. Doors open at 7 p.m.