Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
- The most noteworthy music show of the evening is Mason Bates’s KC Jukebox: Lounge Regime: 100 Years of Ambient Music at the Kennedy Center. Come back later today for an interview with Bates.
- FotoWeek continues with dozens of exhibits. Some noteworthy events include portfolio reviews by Smithsonian Magazine and a workshop of shooting buildings at FotoWeek Central.
- Minus The Bear plays their best record, Menos El Oso, at the Howard.
- GWAR plays music but no one really cares about the sounds because it’s GWAR at 9:30 Club.
- Our favorite local musician Baby Bry Bry opens for Son Little at DC9.
- Excellent songwriter Allison Weiss is at Black Cat. This is the best night of music this week. Sucks that it’s on Monday and not the weekend.