Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- Young the Giant and Ra Ra Riot are at 9:30 Club.
- Class up your comedy by heading to Pretty Funny’s inaugural show at their new headquarters for their monthly Funny Monday show, the Dirty Martini in Dupont. Bet you’ve sipped held a martini while listening to standup. Or maybe you have, I don’t know your life.
- Smarten yourself up with Coding for Beginners at General Assembly tonight from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Who knows? Maybe you have what it takes to be the next Mark Zuckerberg.
- Did you know that September is National Bourbon Month? The Royal knows, and tonight they’re honoring it with $8 bourbon cocktails, special southern snacks and an extra special distillery only bottle of bourbon. I don’t know what that entails, but I’m probably into it.
- Find out if you’d like clowns more if they didn’t have creepy makeup and colorful costumes by heading to Fringe Theatre’s Clown Cabaret.
- If you’re like Teddy Roosevelt and just can’t get enough of our National Parks then head over to the Museum of Natural History to celebrate their 100th birthday by attending a documentary screening and discussion on the Smithsonian film America’s National Parks at 100.
And if you’re not into any of the above, there are tons of other options to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)