Despite a couple hundred years attempting to disguise it, the District is really a swamp. A fact which is exposed every summer when the humidity in DMV approaches legendary stickiness. Thus, if you have to go outside and sweat, you might as while grab a slushee. Luckily there’s no limit to the number of delicious alcoholic slushies available. So let a professional prepare you’re slushee beverage, instead of just spiking a 7/11 slurpees with liquor from a plastic bottle.
- Bar Pillar has a slushee machine behind the bar, so you know they’re taking their icee game seriously. For a lowly $5 Sangria Slushee are available for happy hour, 5 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Happy hour at Eat the Rich means one thing: $1 oysters. There’s also drink specials, but more importantly, there’s some ridiculous slushees. Take for example the Ghost in the Fruit Machine slushee, which consists of Green Hat Spring/Summer Gin, Campari, sweet vermouth, Cheerwine shrub, and coffee. Happy hour Tuesday through Friday 5 to 7 p.m., late night happy hour Tuesday through Saturday 11 p.m. to close, Sunday 9:30 p.m. to close.
- While a traditional frozen margarita will certainly get the job done, if you want to try something different than try giving Fuego Cocina y Tequileria‘s frozen hibiscus a shot. And if that’s not your thing, there are plenty of other $5 happy hour deals to quench your thirst. Happy hour weekdays from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Taqueria Nacional is your post-happy hour spot. Tuesday to Friday, from 7 to close, they serve $3 beers and $5 frozen margarita. On margarita Mondays, they’re only $4.
- Barcode host its happy hour from 3-7 p.m. Right now, Barcode is offering a drink called the Velvet Slush that contains velvet falernum, which isn’t actually velvet… just so you know.