With Pride finally here making everyone a little gayer, there’s never been a better time to visit your neighbor gay bar. There’s also probably never been a better time to make-out with a stranger in the middle of street. This year’s flashback theme will assure that the whole thing is a Day-Glo fueled lovefest to rival anything Ken Kesey’s Merry Pranksters could have thought up.
- Town Danceboutique is a weekend only bar and dance club. This converted warehouse is also the biggest gay bar in the District. Plus, every night there’s a drag queen show that starts at 10:30 PM.
- Larry Lounge offers something more low-key. It has that corner bar feel, because it is a corner bar, but best of all the drinks here are relatively inexpensive.
- Cobalt is a D.C. staple, and has daily drink specials. They also now offer bottle service Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.
- While Washington’s premier leather bar DC Eagle builds its new location on Benning Road NE, they be hosting pop-up gatherings. Stop by Fort Fringe, the Fringe Festival’s headquarter at Sixth Street an New York Avenue, for some quality Pride time.
- Number Nine has a buy-one, get-one happy hour special. What more could you want? Also, it’s not MOVA.