Beer drinkers, your time is now; Oktoberfest is here. Its the time of the year for you to drink liters of beer out of boot shaped glasses, eat brats, and listen to the sweet sounds of Oompah bands. So grab your lederhosen and let’s get started.
- Das Best Oktoberfest: At the DC Armory this Saturday from noon-6pm with a VIP ticket or from 2-6 with regular admission. This fest has it all, and if you wear a German outfit you get a free beer glass lanyard and have won my respect.
- Lovettsville’s Oktoberfest: The closest you can get to the real deal without leaving town. The festival runs from September 26-28, with the main event on the 27th. Come catch the Wiener dog races.
- Frederick Oktoberfest: Come to the Frederick fairgrounds on Sept 27 from 11 AM – 10:00 Pm and Sept 27 11 AM – 6PM for german stuff, dance and overall merriment. Free admission if you wear an authentic Dirndl or Lederhosen! If not, general admission is $10.
- Roofers Union Oktoberfest: We wrote about the special menu and beer selection yesterday. Please don’t steal their steins.
- Biergarten Haus: Here’s the trick–most the beers at Biergarten Haus are sold in one-liter mugs–from 5-7 PM on weekdays, the bar sells Spaten Lager, Warsteiner Dunkel and Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse for $5 per half-liter. Kindly ask your bartender to upgrade that to a full liter and you’ll have a $10 full liter to enjoy.
- Gordon Biersch: This trick will sadly do you no good at Gordon Biersch, however, they do offer all its house-brewed beers for 2.50 per half-liter on Tuesday through Oct 15, which includes their Oktoberfest offering, Festbier.
- The Black Squirrel: Every Wednesday is “Brats and Brau” promotion day where you can get a one liter mug of Hofbrau beer and a bratwurst platter for $20. All of their American and German Oktoberfest beers will sell for 413 to $16 per liter through Oct. 6.
- Doner Bistro: With locations in both Leesburg and Adams Morgan, this currywurst joint will be celebrating Oktoberfest from Sept 26-29 in Adams Morgan and October 11-14 in Leesburg. Each night will have a different German event from live music to a Stein Holding Contest. They are offering Oktoberfestbier mugs for $8 and one-liter stein fills for $10.
Guten tag, mein freund.