This year is the year, guys. Even though two-thirds of the outfield is already out with injuries. It doesn’t matter, baseball is really a game of pitching, and now we have Max Scherzer, so we should be good. Knock on wood. The only remaining problem is that baseball is such a slow game that it necessitates beer drinking, and though Nat’s park doesn’t exactly have the most expensive beer in the nation, no one would argue that it’s cheap. So to help a brother out, here’s some killer happy hour happenings just a short walk for the ballpark.
- Fun fact: if you show up before the first pitch you can also get a $5 16-ounce beer on the Miller Lite scoreboard walk.
- 100 Montaditos has one of my favorite deals. Every Wednesday all sandwiches are a dollar. Suck on that, five-dollar foot long.
- The Big Stick is much more fun than anything having to do with any past foreign policy. Brats and beer are a good time any summer’s day, but are a must before, during, or after a baseball game.
- There’s always good old Justin’s Cafe, which has $3 drafts during its happy hour Monday-Friday from 4-6 PM.
- Right up on the waterfront Agua 301 is a fine spot to stop at before the game. The happy hour deal here is sweet: everyday from 3:30-7 PM they have $4 drafts, $6 margaritas and so many $5 taco options. They also have a late night happy hour from 9 PM to close.
- Though the Bluejacket doesn’t have a happy hour, it doesn’t need one (although we certainly won’t complain if it did), it’s the spot to get a beer before the game due to its unbeatable draft list. They’re also hosting an Opening Day party, which includes a batting cage y’all!
- And if you don’t feel like venturing out or just want to picnic outdoors, the fairground opens up two hours before every Nat’s game. Admission is free, you must like that.
- Or you could literally just picnic in Yards Park.
Remember: this could be the year!