Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer. Which is to say, it marks the beginning of pool season. But it’s not all about pools, actually Memorial Day is about supporting our military folks. So thank you, our brave military ladies and gentlemen. In honor of your service we’ll all get blitzed. Some of us will even get nearly naked and dive into a body of water. Isn’t summer great?
- At night, you don’t need to book a room to enjoy Donovan House’s rooftop pool and bar. Neither do you need one to enjoy its happy hour Monday-Friday from 4-7 PM.
- You can get the same kind of deal at Liaison rooftop pool and bar. Where there’s daily free admission after 5 PM. If you’d like to soak up the sun, you can also get a day pass for $20.
- This Sunday marks the 5th annual Policy Memorial Day Weekend crab fest. So spend the day like a true Marylander and eat a bushel of blue crab.
- Memorial Day Weekend is also a choice time for BBQ. Try out Garden District because it not only got solid BBQ and is a beer garden.
- Or maybe you don’t want to wait till the weekend for BBQ and beer. Fair enough. Go to Smoke & Barrel on a Wednesday when all draft beer is 1/2 off.
Peace out, my fellow Americans.