Last week we released this year’s list of the Least Douchey Bars in DC. YOU ALL CARED ABOUT IT. A LOT. Here are some of the best non-douchey Happy Hours from this non-douchey bar list list.
- Birreria Paradiso: Pizza Paradiso’s bar offers half-price draft beers, $5 appetizers and $12 personal pizzas from 5-7 on Mondays-Thursdays.
- DGS Delicatessen: This culture-infusing DuPont haunt (see: pastrami lo mein) offers $5 appetizers, $7 cocktails (including one called “The Shiksa”) and a selection of wines and beers.
- Roofers Union: The first floor of Roofers Union remains relatively douche-free throughout their daily Happy Hour, which takes place between 5 and 7 pm. They offer $3 drafts, $5 glasses of wine and a variety of bar snacks. Local DJs also spin here throughout the week.
- Rosemary’s Thyme: This 18th Street establishment offers a huge variety of classed-up cocktails every day from 4-7pm as well as a selection of $4 bottled beer.
- Republic: As we have often said, the best Happy Hour is an oyster Happy Hour and that’s just what Republic has. From 3-7pm on Monday-Friday, Chesapeake Bay oysters are a dollar each. If getting oyster-drunk isn’t enough for you, there are $5 cocktails, $2 Natty B’Ohs and $3 half-pints. It’s in Takoma but it’s worth the trip.
Drink up, DC.