What’s the only thing better than making fun of celebrities and watching for nip slips on Oscar night? Drinking and seeing those nipples!
- City Tap House: This Oscar Sunday guzzle your favorite Oskar Blues brews at City Tap House with free popcorn, movie trivia, cold beer and Christian Bale(?)! Good for them.
- Boqueria DC: Enjoy unlimited tapas and drinks at Boqueria DC’s Oscars viewing party! For $45 you can slide “supporting role” and “leading role” dishes, sangria, and draft beer into your bottomless gullets. Someone spoke Spanish in Dallas Buyers Club, right? Make your reservations.
- Commissary: You probably don’t have Sriracha or cinnamon-bun-flavored popcorn at your house, and you definitely won’t be making the Wolfberry Mojitos in your sweats. Extended happy hour at Commissary is from 4:00pm to 8:00pm on Sunday, and the Oscars viewing party goes until 11:00pm. A lucky few will also get free stuff!
- Helix Lounge: Their Oscars Happy Hour goes from 5:00pm to 11:00pm and features a 46 inch flat-screen and themed cocktails. “The Wall Street” (a Manhattan) and “The Undercover” (mostly Triple Sec) are givens–plunging necklines as low as Amy Adams’s are suggested.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown: Speaking of your sweatpants with the hole in the crotch, The Ritz-Carlton will host a mock-red carpet celebration complete with black-tie dress and bursting flashbulbs from 7:00pm to 12:00am. Your $25 ticket gets you a glass of champagne, hors d’oeuvres, live Oscars viewing and more.
- The Arlington Cinema ‘N’ Drafthouse: the DC Film Society will host its 22nd annual Oscar night party in Virginia of all places. Doors open at 6:30pm Sunday– buy tickets now and pretend that you too are part of the “film community.”
Ready? GO (COMFORTABLY) FORTH.