A column dedicated solely to the latest and greatest in affordable alcohol (and food, we guess) consumption news in DC. Never say we don’t love you. A LOT.
- FIRST UP: Our Super crucial OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE 2013 is live now. While a crucial tool overall listing everything from new spots to forever favorites to date locations to great party spots, it also features our list OF THE BEST OUTDOOR HAPPY HOURS IN TOWN. Use it all the time.
- SECOND UP: for permanent access to more free stuff than EVER and endless happy hour opps – join the new-and-improved BYT VIP program, called VIPERS (yes!) which is all about making your life better with awesome things. LIKE: Paid reserves at select (already) sold-out shows, hugs-heavy bus trips to where-the-hell-is-that venues like Merriweather Post Pavilion, pre-release MP3s and promo CD downloads, members-only ticket giveaways and discounts, priority line-jumping at BYT events, tons of loot we get from labels and PR people that we don’t know what to do with, exclusive pre-pre-pre-sales, monthly secret happy hours where you can huddle amongst the rest of the VIPER elite + pick up extra schwag, super sweet Vipers-only pow wows with some of your favorite musicians, artists and local celebs…. and, well, anything else we can think of. SO-SIGN UP.
NEW KIDS ON THE HAPPY HOUR BLOCK:
- AZUR – Frederik De Pue’s gorgeous new seafood place now comes with a great new happy hour deal. Every Day-5-6:30pm, enjoy $1 oysters, $5 draft beers, $6 select martini’s (and click here for a full first look photo set)
- DEL CAMPO – not only is Del Campo an insanely delicious new edition to our dining go-to spots (click here for a full first look photo set) but it just launched this sweet happy hour too: 5-7pm, there is a sturdy $7 beverage selection including Margaritas, Mojitos, A Las Onces (Cristal Aguardiente, Chicha Morada Syrup, Lime Juice, Pineapple Juice), Vinedors and more.
- 1905 – their new executive chef, Joel Hatton, is pumping up Tuesday nights at the restaurant with an ongoing Mussels Night special (starting at 5:30pm). For just $15, you’ll get a heaping bowl of steaming mussels accompanied by a mound of house-cut fries and a can or bottle of beer of your choice from 1905‘s stellar list. #WINNING
- ALSO-KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR AN OVERALL CINCO DE MAYO GUIDE COMING YOUR WAY ON WEDNESDAY!
A COUPLE OF BYT FAVORITES TO REVISIT THIS WEEK:
This week, we focus on places that let you bring your own food on top of a sweet happy hour HENCE saving you EVEN MORE money along the way. #USEFUL:
- Board Room – on top of the $4 beers, rail drinks and wine during the weekend happy hour (noon-7pm) the board game themed place on Connecticut also offers the perfect food solution for the budget conscious: YOU CAN BRING YOUR OWN. Also to add to that list:
- Atomic Billiards – with a daily happy hour on top 4-8pm $3.00 Miller Lite, Bud Light $4.00 Fat Tire, Yuengling $4 Rail Cocktails+ all sorts of other specials to keep an eye on
- Bedrock Billiards – with daily rotating drink specials on top, so check the website
- and Rocket Bar – on top of your own food, the happy hour which is Monday-Sunday 4-7pm is pretty solid too: $4 rail drinks/wine and draft beer of the month
Your recommendations, of course, welcome in the comments (And if you want your happy hour included in one of the future lists/have a happy hour to recommend email us at: [email protected]
till next time: