A column dedicated solely to the latest and greatest in affordable alcohol (and food, we guess) consumption news in DC. Never say we don’t love you. A LOT.
NEW KIDS ON THE HAPPY HOUR BLOCK:
- Marvin just launched their new happy hour last week with $4 stella drafts, $5 rail drinks, food specials and more and a patio ready for use. As good of a way as any to kick things off on any night.
- Good news for Nats Fans: Gordon Biersch just opened a Navy Yard Location. Happy hour is daily 3-6:30 and includes rotating drink and food specials.
- Dessert Happy Hour anyone? To Celebrate his FOOD&WINE Best New Pastry Chef Nomination – Ryan Westover @ Poste will serve a $20 tasting menu featuring five desserts, including a carrot cake with carrot sherbert, and a mimosa sorbet (via Eater)
- Born in April? You’re in luck-Restaurant Eve is offering free dining for April babies (normally $120 before tax and tip). What’s the deal? Washingtonian has the scoop.
- CHERRY PICKS IS IN FULL SWING – click on the link for a full list of participants and specials + enjoy our very food porn-y preview right HERE.
A COUPLE OF BYT FAVORITES TO REVISIT THIS WEEK:
This week, a strong focus on the EXTRA FANCY options:
- FIOLA- sit pretty at their delightful bar, chat with Jeff Faile, one of our favorite barmen in DC, and sip craft cocktails for $5 or one of their wine selections for $6
- Bistro LePic – every Tuesday, it offers a free tasting (led by an expert no less) of two wines of their choice. No catches, just free wine.
- MINTWOOD PLACE– Tuesday-Friday, 5:30-7pm (at the bar only)- $5-$6 wines.
- ADOUR-at 6pm, a champagne bottle is sworded open to announce the kick off of cocktail hour, and the champagne is then shared among bystanders.
- The Source– a three course tasting menu from their izakaya selections for $20. The only catch: you have to get there early, since it is a 4-6pm deal.
Your recommendations, of course, welcome in the comments (And if you want your happy hour included in one of the future lists/have a happy hour to recommend email us at: [email protected]