Before you can embody all that is the holiday spirit, why don’t you try drinking in all the holiday spirits you possibly can? With these selections of holiday themed/inspired drinking specials you’ll be welcoming the season of giving by gifting yourself with some cheap and delicious drinks. Merry (insert holiday here) to you!
- This week, Osteria Morini is introducing it’s happy hour, “7 for $7” which offers a rotating list of 7 items for $7 from 4-7pm. An early present for the holidays.
- Tonight The Lobby Project is hosting the Nerds in NOMA speaker series, a happy hour that combines booze with, well, conversation about booze. And beekeeping because why not?
- Tonight there will also be a free wine tasting at Bistro Lepic from 6-8, because nothing says the holidays like being able to impress friends and relatives with your snooty knowledge of French wines.
- This Wednesday enjoy a Scandal themed panel discussion and social mixer at Cause – The PhilanthroPub about cheating. So when all the family dirty laundry comes out at your holiday gathering you can throw in some topical references from your favorite guilty pleasure…whether that be watching Scandal or something else.
- Celebrate the final day of Hanukkah at the Jewish-Irish pub Star and Shamrock for it’s 8th Crazy Night party featuring happy hour samplings of exactly what you would expect at a Jewish-Irish pub.
- Christmas isn’t all about presents, guys. It’s also the time of year to remember what happens when you’re bad. And that’s being eaten for Christmas dinner by a yuletide Krampus. This Thursday, find the Krampuslauf Parade is on H Street at 7, and the after party at Little Miss Whiskey’s starts at 9.
- Happy anniversary, end of Prohibition! This Thursday, December 5 Jack Rose Dining Saloon will celebrate by having burlesque dancers, cigar girls and draft flights of historic whiskey. Cocktails cost $7-$9 and unlimited sparkling wine is just $20. The right to drink never felt so good.
- This Friday, The Black Squirrel presents the 12 Beers of Christmas featuring some of the best brews the holidays have to offer. At 5pm come in for great drinks and free cookies.