We all love to drink. But drinking is expensive. On top of that, so is eating while you’re drinking. It’s why we have compiled yet another lovely list of some great Happy Hour happenings in D.C., so you can drink, and eat, without having to sell your first-born child.
STEP-BY-STEP, DAY-BY-DAY AFFAIRS:
- Tuesday, September 17: Clydes at Tower Oaks Lodge is throwing a HALFWAY TO ST. PATRICK’S DAY party with Irish fare, $3 Guinness pints, $5 Irish car bombs, $3 Jameson and more, not to mention a real, live bagpiper. We’d say it’s definitely worth the trek up to Rockville.
- Tuesday, September 17: Or check out a free RAW Artist’s Happy Hour event at Jin DC, with $5 specials from 6:00-8:00pm and a DJ. Sweet.
- Wednesday, September 18: Pre-game Hill Country BBQ’s Live Band Karaoke with happy hour from 3:00-7:00pm. Just $3 for PBR and $5 for margaritas, wine and cocktails.
- Thursday, September 19: Tabaq’s throwing their weekly Hilarious Happy Hour from 8:00-11:00pm–an open mic with plenty o’ drink specials.
- Friday, September 20: So while it’s not technically a happy hour, each Friday Trummer’s on Main hosts a FREE wine sampling event from 5:00-6:00pm. Free wine? Nothing not happy about that.
- Urbana: Daily, 4:00-7:00pm. Not only is Urbana a gorgeous Dupont staple–it’s a prime spot for happy hour bliss. Check out their delicious happy hour sporting $4 Peroni, $6 wines, $8 pizzas, $1 oysters. Sign. Us. Up.
- Old Ebbitt Grill: Monday to Thursday, 3:00-6:00pm and again from 11:00pm-1:00am. But while we’re on the subject of seafood, let’s not forget the happy hour staple at Old Ebbitt’s–all Raw Bar items are half off, including the Orca platter. Tackle that tower of fresh shellfish goodness with a friend or two and prepare for lobster nirvana.
- Ghibellina: Tuesday to Sunday, 4:30-6:30 pm. Sure, happy hours are great, though you’ll only find most on Mondays – Thursdays. Enter Ghibellina, which offers half-off pizza AND half-price drinks over the weekend, too! Draft beers are $3 or $4, wines are $5, and house cocktails are $6.
- El Centro, DF Georgetown: Nightly, 5:00-7:00pm. Check out the latest Sandoval operation, located in the heart of Georgetown, and get some great drinking out of it. They’ve got $4 happy hour drink specials–can you say tequila?? They’ve got one of the largest selections of both tequila and mezcal in the DMV area. Haven’t tried it yet? No time like the present.