A column dedicated solely to the latest and greatest in affordable alcohol (and food, we guess) consumption news in DC. Never say we don’t love you. A LOT.
NEW KIDS ON THE HAPPY HOUR BLOCK:
- Welcome to CRAFT BEER WEEK everyone! Every single day this week there is a multitude of delicious, affordable CRAFT BEER EVENTS around town. Click here for our full guide including a Game of Thrones Themed Beer Night @ Jack Rose, Festival De Cans @ 930 Club, Masters of the Craft Beer Universe @ Smith Commons, this super sweet BAR CRAWL this Wednesday in Chinatown feat. our friends @ Penn Social and More
- Movies and Drinks: The Commissary is playing a free movie WITH a full happy hour menu every Sunday, 9pm. This month they’re doing 80s movies, and according to their Facebook, the 31st may feature Monty Python and the Holy Grail. $4.75 cocktails specials, $4 beers, affordable wine, all sorts of food options under $5
- If you haven’t checked out DGS Delicatessen’s recently launched Happy Hour, do it now. We have a full look/taste test/photo food porn recap of it right here. (including pickle backs on the cheap before 7pm)
- CHERRY PICKS IS IN FULL SWING – click on the link for a full list of participants and specials + enjoy our very food porn-y preview right HERE.
A COUPLE OF BYT FAVORITES TO REVISIT THIS WEEK:
Lets focus on some solid RAW BAR OPTIONS (because there are few things we love more than an affordable oyster, plus hopefully this makes the spring come to us just a few days faster):
- Hank’s -$4 Drinks Specials, $1 Oysters, 1/2 Price Raw Bar. Monday to Friday this happens in 2 slots: 5-7pm, and 10pm-Midnight. On Weekends it is only the later slot.
- Pearl Dive – Monday-Friday 4-7pm, food and drink specials on a rotating basis. But also: Oyster Mania Mondays in both the bar and dining room starting at 4pm to close. All of Pearl Dive’s signature hot oyster appetizers are $6.00. Raw bar oysters on the half shell are 1/2 price.
- Urbana – 4-7pm daily. Pair the $1 oysters and $8 Neapolitan pies with $5 sparkling (Simonet Blanc de Blancs) and $5 house whites and reds that rotate daily.
- Old Ebbitt Grill – Monday-Thursday All Raw Bar Items Are 1/2 Off (3PM-6PM), but the real get is the late night Sunday through Thursday late night 11pm to 1am happy hour where you get that same sweet deal.
Your recommendations, of course, welcome in the comments (And if you want your happy hour included in one of the future lists/have a happy hour to recommend email us at: [email protected]