We all love to drink. But drinking is expensive. On top of that, so is eating while you’re drinking. It’s why we have compiled yet another lovely list of some great Happy Hour happenings in D.C., so you can drink, and eat, without having to sell your first-born child.
- The 201 Bar, 5 p.m. to close: They’ve got a ridiculous amount of happy hour specials which include $6 flat-breads and $5 house wine. Check their site for more listings. Plus the bar is real classy so you’ll feel better about drinking $5 wine.
- The Mellow Mushroom, Sunday to Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.: It’s a chain but damn, if their pizza isn’t delicious. They also have a surprisingly diverse selection of beers on tap for a pizza restaurant. Their happy hour includes $2 off all draft beers, $4.00 drinks, $4.00 wines, $3 cheese bread, and $4 bruschetta. If anything, go for the discounted cheese bread; it’s basically pizza without the red sauce.
- Azur, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily: They have a daily rotation of discounted beers, wines, and cocktails as well as bar snacks, such as oysters, calamari, and mini fish and chips. Mmmm, European seafood.
- Ghibellina, Tuesday to Sunday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Excuse me, half-off pizza AND cheap(er) beer? Sign me up. Ghibellina offers not only half-off pizza but also half-price drinks! Draft beers are $3 or $4, wines are $5, and house cocktails are $6. Dreams do come true.
- B. Too, Monday to Friday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Get into the Belgian spirit (whatever that means) at B Too. Select draft beers are half off, all wine is $5, and certain cocktails are $7. There’s also a pretty great food selection, including smoked salmon waffles and a bucket of baby back ribs (sorry y’all, prices vary).
- Teddy and the Bully Bar, 3:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily, 11 p.m. to close Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, and 10 p.m. to close Sunday: They boast an impressive happy hour menu, offering daily $8 cocktail specialties, $6 call liquors, and $5 beer. Don’t worry there’s food, too, but the prices vary.
Go enjoy your half-priced beverage and/or food!