So you’ve settled back into college, great! But the house party scene just isn’t cutting it, nor is paying two semesters worth of books per drink.
Or you’re like me, and going back to visit college friends in Syracuse is only great because whiskey cokes cost $3.50. And then the greatness ended when you woke up on your old roommate’s porch in your boxers while the entire women’s hockey team ran by.
Either way, let’s meet in the middle, and meet in DC. You deserve some killer drink specials in your local college stomping grounds. Right, typical college mascot?
Shut up, you don’t know my life.
- Chef Geoffs has an all-day happy hour Monday and Tuesday, and runs from 3 – 7 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. $5 pints and $7 wines.
- Public’s happy hour runs from 4 – 8 p.m. most days (extended hours on Sunday) with $3 domestic beers, $4 imports and microbrews, and $5 rail drinks.
- House margaritas for $6? YES. Guapo’s also serves up $2 featured drafts, $4 shooters, and mexican appetizer specials from 4 – 7 p.m.
George Washington University
- McFadden’s (collegiately named) back-to-school specials include Tailgate Tuesday ($1 cans, $2 domestic drafts, and $5 bombs with a college ID), Thirsty Thursday (FREE taco buffet starting at 6 p.m.) and Friday Night Mayhem (power hour from 9 – 10 p.m.)
- The 51st State Tavern’s happy hour runs every day from 4 – 7 p.m., with $3 beers, $3.50 rails, $3.75 Smirnoff mixed drinks and $5.75 Smirnoff specialty martinis.
- Lindy’s Red Lion offers $8 pitchers on Fridays, with more featured pitcher specials during the week.
- My Brother’s Place is worth the metro ride, with $15 drink-until-you-drown, BYODG (bring your own drinking games).
- Lulu’s Club Mardi Gras features three bars with $2 appetizers and $2 drafts during their happy hour.