While you may or may not give a fuck that D.C. sports teams are killing it, they are. Though this is not important in a global sense, it gives everyone in the District license to drink in excess during the week (and if they win the championship, a license to riot. Sike, rioting is not cool. Please, do not riot.) So this week’s happy hour hotline looks at sports bars. Those places you go to eat wings and wear expensive embroidered jerseys.
- Lou’s City Bar has specials of all kinds. Mondays are half off burgers; Wednesdays are half off drafts; Fridays are $3 PBR tallboys. And if the Wiz or the Caps win their respective playoff game you get a free shooter. Thanks, Lou.
- Ventnor in AdMo is a sports bar you should already know of. Go there and visit my friend Shelby, the bartender. Stop by Mondays for .50 cent wing night or Tuesdays when burgers are half-off.
- One of my favorite named bars Kangaroo Boxing Club has solid happy hour drink specials with $3 rails and $4 beers. But it’s the food specials here that are truly killer. Do yourself a favor and get a $6 pulled pork sandwich including a side of fries.
- Penn Quarter Sports Tavern has an extensive happy hour deal. It includes $12 pitchers of Miller and $5 pints of Atlas District Common or Flying Dog’s Bloodline.
- There’s also always Nellie’s. We love Nellie’s because Thursdays ‘beat the clock’ happy hour special is the best thing since sliced bread.
Pro tip: Drinking also helps when your team loses.