Whether or not you managed to get lucky last weekend, it couldn’t hurt to step-up your wine game. These wine-centric happy hours and specials will help you unleash your inner sommelier without setting fire to your funds, so you can stick up your nose and ramble-on about “earthy-dry tannins” in no time.
Also, if this list doesn’t appease your palate, don’t miss our DC WINE GUIDE to find more wine-related deals and destinations.
- Grab a $5 glass from a wide selection of fine wines at Vinoteca any day of the week. The happy-hour menu also features some unique bites, including a “duck dog” for $8.
- If you’re looking for a more fruity beverage, stop by José Andrés’ Jaleo DC for a $4 glass of sangria. They also have $4 glasses of wine during this happy hour from 4:30-7:00 Sunday through Friday. Once you’re good and inebriated, stay for some of the best tapas in the city.
- Head over to Ripple in Cleveland Park at 5 pm on Sunday through Thursday for half-priced wines by the glass. You better guzzle your wine, though, as this happy hour only lasts until 6:30.
- Lasting from 5:30-7:00 on weekdays, Proof offers $5 glasses of house wine. Though there are no deals on food, this happy hour also includes discounts on featured wines, making Proof an excellent location to get serious about wine.
- ENO Wine Bar in Georgetown has $5 glasses of select wine on tap from 5-7 pm on Sunday through Thursday. Also, the bar’s wide selection of artisanal cheeses will satisfy even the most advanced-level francophiles.
- Even though it surprisingly didn’t make our DC WINE GUIDE, another full-fledged wine bar, Flight, has a handful of interesting wine-related specials. Their happy hour is from 5-7 Tuesday through Saturday, but lasts all night on monday. On Wednesday nights, the bar offers a featured bottle of wine for 35% off, selected by the staff. All open bottles are only $7 a glass on Saturday after 10:30 p.m., so depending on the luck of the draw, this could be your chance to try some out-of-budget wines for an affordable price.