Sake is hit or miss. Hot or cold. Sometimes its awesome, other times its more like rubbing alcohol. But don’t fear, we’re here to point you in the right direction. Dumplings specials most definitely included.
- Happy hour, more like dumpling hour. Am I right? Or am I right? Enjoy yourself some half priced dumpling at Mama Rouge dumpling hour monday-friday 5-6pm.
- Zentan selection of sake is one of the best in the city. So it’s a great place to play a little sake guess and check, at least until you find your prefect match. Check back later this week for our TASTE TEST on Zentan’s new menu.
- Daikaya is another sake paradise. And who can’t get behind an alcoholic paradise.
- But sake isn’t the only great alcoholic beverage that the far east has to offer. At Izakaya Seki they have an outstanding happy hour including a small bite menu and $5 drafts of Sapporo or glass of shochu.
- Happy hour shouldn’t be an hour. It should be open to the people, and the people need a reasonable time frame. Zengo, the Latin and Asian fusion restaurant located directly across from the Gallery Place Metro station, has a happy hour that Monday-Friday from 3-8pm, which is exactly what I’m talking about.
- Asia Nine has some of the best happy hour in D.C. With happy hour Monday-Friday 4:30-8pm, Saturday noon-6pm, and Sunday all day, they have a sake special every Wednesday where it’s 15% off bottles of sake.
- Sushi Taro is one of the premier Japanese spots right now. Because of this you should get there early if you’re going to do happy hour there. But it’s totally worth it.