So obviously craft beer is the preferable kind of beer, but why must it be so costly? Well, fret not Internet dwellers as there is always happy hour to look forward to, and of course, Snallygaster, in all its 250-plus craft beers glory, will be here this Saturday.
But if you can’t wait till Saturday we’re here to help you survive the week in the football game that someone dragged you out to watch with these sports bar happy hours, or football specials.
- City Tap House: One of BYT favorite places. This cozy bar has a crazy large draft selection and offers $5 select craft beers for happy hour everyday 5pm-7pm.
- Smoke and Barrel: This Adams Morgans spot has an awesome craft selection, which includes a cask drift. They offer four of their excellent craft drafts beers for happy hour 5-7pm Monday-Friday. Every Wednesday, all drafts are 1/2 price during happy hour!
- Jack Rose: While craft beer is good, if you’re looking for some of that harder stuff Jack Rose is celebrating bourbon national heritage mouth. Didn’t know that was a thing? Neither did I.
- Smith Public Trust: This ultra hip space with its industrial-chic vibe, who’s bar is made from a converted shipping container and recycled floor boards, is the prefect place to enjoy some discount craft brew. Check out its happy hour which runs from 5pm-7pm daily, with $5 draft beers, wines and cocktails.
- Iron Horse: Another place with a boatload of craft beer on draft and a sweet four-hour happy hour that goes from 4pm to 8pm every Monday through Friday.
- Roofers Union: They also have a cask available on drift and more than enough craft beers on tap to shake a stick at. They have daily happy hour from 5pm-7pm where guests can enjoy $3 local draft beers, $5 wines by the glass, and $5 rail.
- The Big Hunt: One of the district’s oldest beer bars, The Big Hunt offers 27 beers on tap. From 4pm-7pm Monday-Friday they’re happy hour special includes &3 PBR, Bud Light, Lite Ass Brew, Big Ass Wheat, Big Hunt Double India Pale Ass & Bad Ass Amber.
- The Red Derby: The beer list here is insane. From 5pm-8pm they offer a $1 off everything behind the bar happy hour. Mondays are half- priced burgers, too.
- Scoin: The happy hour here shines with wicked deals on appetizers and half-priced draft beers. Although, they might not have the most craft beer on tap, they nonetheless have the quality craft beer your searching for.
Drink responsible, or not. No, just drink responsibly.