ARTECHOUSE announced a very Summer 2020 appropriate to-go edition of its celebrated augmented reality (AR) drinks in partnership with some of our favorite DC bars and restaurants! These include Colada Shop, Dolcezza, Maketto and Thamee.
Served from a to-go cart at ARTECHOUSE’s entry, the program will launch TOMORROW (Friday, August 14th), and are set to be available Friday-Sunday for the duration of “HANAMI: Beyond The Blooms”.
AR DRINKS TO-GO will feature cocktails and mocktails, all with original AR activations designed by ARTECHOUSE’s creative team, allowing visitors and passersby to take an interactive (and tastily refreshing) experience of “HANAMI” back home. Guests can use the ARTECHOUSE app to activate markers on the drink packaging to further engage in the multisensory experience of the cherry blossom phenomenon. It’s a great opportunity to “do over” the spring season that most of us were forced miss by having to spend so much time indoors.
From Tati Pashtukova, co-founder of ARTECHOUSE:
We wanted to be creative as to how we serve and support our community, and we are thrilled to work with our fellow D.C. area small business owners and creatives on this project. Each of them brought their unique point of view and voice to this, and we truly feel it amplifies the experience. Having our small business community feel supported was a priority for this collaboration.
The new menu items are as follows:
- Applejack by Maketto Green apple, butterfly spirits vodka, and boba jelly.
- Butterfly Limeade by Thamee (Spirit-Free) Butterfly pea flower, cucumber, mint, lime, sugar, basil seeds
- Inle Bloom by Thamee Sake, lime, simple syrup, ginger and black pepper bitters, butterfly pea flower infused vodka, dehydrated lime
- La Rumba by Maketto: Rum, passion fruit, jasmine-palo santo syrup, lime
MORE INFO TO PLAN AHEAD:
ABOUT THE INSTALLATION:
This installation, in collaboration with Japanese illustrator Yuko Shimizu, continues with the 2020 ARTECHOUSE theme of exploring the intersection of creativity in science and art. “HANAMI: Beyond the Blooms” shows us how technology and code can bring illustration and nature to life in new and unexpected ways, allowing the guests to enjoy the thrills and beauty of a seasonal phenomenon beyond its limited organic time-span.
In the four gallery segments, inspiration is drawn from centuries-old Japanese traditions such as the taiko drums that are historically used to bring Kami, the divine beings that ward away evil spirits and pests from crops, and the long, often surreal walks under the cherry blossom trees. Learn more about the installation HERE.
ABOUT THE ARTECHOUSE EXTENDED REALITY (XR) MOBILE APP:
ARTECHOUSE extended reality (XR) mobile app helps you explore the limitless possibilities of art, technology, science and creativity. Augment your environment with custom XR activations as well as extensions of our exhibits. Originally built for location-specific activations at ARTECHOUSE’s immersive art spaces in DC, NYC and Miami, it was expanded upon during the COVID-19 pandemic so that anyone, anywhere can access innovative and interactive art from their phones. The app is available at Google, Apple and Android app stores. Learn more about the app HERE.
“HANAMI: Beyond The Blooms” is open to the public daily as of July 9th, 2020. AR to-go drinks will be served during opening hours Friday – Sunday.
TIMES & TICKETS:
Hanami: Beyond The Blooms is on view to the public July 9th -September 30th, 2020
Monday – Thursday / 12pm-8pm (7pm last session)
Friday – Sunday / 10am-10pm (9pm last session)
- Children: $12 online / $17 onsite
- Students, Seniors, Military & First Responders: $15 online / $20 onsite
- Adults: $19 online / $24 onsite
- Families: $45 for 2 Adults & 2 Kids
Tickets are requested to be reserved in advance at artechouse.com
Safety protocols that have been put in place by ARTECHOUSE include the following:
- In order to provide contactless check-ins, ticket purchases must be placed online at www.artechouse.com. Tickets purchased online in advance will receive $5 off.
- New operating hours have been put in place to ensure sufficient time for cleaning and sanitation.
- Art space sessions continue to be limited in capacity along with split session start times to ensure seamless entry and proper social distancing.
- Mask or face coverings must be worn inside the art space at all times, even during photos!
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the art space.
- Suggested safe distancing of 6 feet apart from others will be strictly enforced.
- Professional cleaning and sanitizing will take place prior to each daily opening.
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing of the art space will be performed by team members.
- Visitors that are experiencing illness symptoms will have the option of rebooking.
Open to all ages, the seasonal installation is on view July 9th to September 7th, at ARTECHOUSE DC
ARTECHOUSE is located between the Smithsonian and L’Enfant Plaza Metro stations at 1238 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC just next door to the Mandarin Oriental hotel.
ARTECHOUSE connects progressive ideas, artists and audiences to stimulate innovation and creativity. We believe in the power of art, science and technology to change the world for the better and are on a mission to empower the creation of new, experiential and exploratory art forms that make an impact. What started out as the nation’s first digital art space, is now a home, online and off, for technology driven art innovation. From our physical, immersive art spaces in Washington D.C., New York and Miami to our extended reality (XR) mobile app, ARTECHOUSE connects progressive ideas, artists and audiences and stimulates interest in the limitless possibilities of technology, science and creativity.