In case you still haven’t heard, The Kennedy Center is augmenting its schedule of refined and so so serious content with some pizzazz! This week, they bring the funny. The Kennedy Center’s District of Comedy Festival is your one-stop shop for a whole host of awesome comics and assorted hilarious people. Except that it ain’t actually one stop. You should stop by many times, because there’s so much going on during the week. Check it:
- Wednesday 6/22 – Celebrating Joan: A Tribute to Joan Rivers
- Thursday 6/23 – The District of Comedy Roast of James Carville
- Thursday 6/23 – The Bentzen Ball Podcast Studio: The Todd Glass Show
- Friday 6/24 – Jane Lynch in See Jane Sing
- Friday 6/24 – Jermaine Fowler & Friends
- Friday 6/24 – The Bentzen Ball Podcast Studio: Hard Nation
- Friday 6/24 – The Goddamn Comedy Jam
- Saturday 6/25 – The Bentzen Ball Podcast Studio: Redacted Tonight
- Saturday 6/25 – Reggie Watts
And guess what? Today, you’re in luck, because we are giving you the opportunity to kick that mid-week malaise and enjoy a gut-busting good time, at the expense of the two important humans. We are giving away A PAIR OF TICKETS TO TWO SHOWS! That’s FOUR FREE TICKETS to these awesome Ken Cen events.
On Wednesday, you can check out “Celebrating Joan: A Tribute to Joan Rivers,” and probably stand in awe of all the people you’ll see there. Guests include Bob Saget, Aubrey Plaza, Rachel Bloom, and so many other humans that you put on a pedestal because of their public notoriety.
On Thursday, you get to check out a gloriously weird lambasting affair, at “The District Comedy Roast of James Carville!!!” Saget returns as the roast master, and Jeff Ross, Mary Matalin, and even the Rev. Al Sharpton will bring the hammer down on the political guru. I should not need to sell this any further.
So if you want to WIN THESE AWESOME PAIRS OF TICKETS, comment below with YOUR OWN BEST ROAST MOMENT. This could be a time you shamed a friend for life, but it could also be that one time you put that turkey in the oven while volunteering and nearly burnt down the whole soup kitchen. All interpretations of roast are welcome, since we’re equal opportunity over here. We’ll pick the best answer and hook it up.
COMMENT BELOW! WIN THESE TIX! ENJOY SOME LOLs. And if you don’t win, go treat yourself anyway and grab some tickets for the events on sale here.