A very happy weekend to you! This weekend is going to be a bit drier than last, and even though the cherry blossoms have mostly fallen off the trees, it’s Cherry Weekend. So: let’s celebrate cherries and America. Ready? Let’s go.
- This weekend is Cherry 2012, and although the blossoms may already be on the ground, DC’s circuit party is still going. There are basically parties every night of the weekend:
- Thursday at Cobalt, Friday at the 411 Warehouse Loft (with a women’s party at Phase 1 of Dupont), Saturday at Town, and finally Sunday has three parties! Early morning (4-9am) at Ibiza, daytime at Cobalt and nighttime at Ultra Bar. PLUS it’s all to help fight HIV/AIDS, and that’s something we can all get behind.
(just don’t overindulge like this kid)
- Jet Set @ Zeba Bar – we’re loving the beats from DJ Beatrix at this new ultra-queer night in a sorta-queer bar.
- Nu’D returns to MOVA, and the beautiful weather predicted for tonight should make that roof deck mighty fine.
- Straight option! Que Sera at Napoleon.
- Support the Washington Wetskins Water Polo team for Splashdown at Mova happy hour. We’ve been promised boys in speedos.
- Remember our girl Ultra Naté, who DJed the upstairs of our Newseum Pride Party? Do you remember her from her turn-of-the-millennium gay anthem “Free?” Do you remember her from her crazy Deep Sugar parties in Baltimore? Well, it’s her damn birthday and she’s celebrating it with y’all at U Street Music Hall. Let’s dance to some house music.
- DJ vAnniety Kills joins Kinky Movement for Elated at Liv Nightclub.
This day is my favorite this weekend, so this pic is my favorite way to eat cherry pie: WITH ICE CREAM!
- Sunday Funday invades Saturday at Nellies this weekend, and it’s to benefit SMYAL (another cause we can all get behind). It’s $25 to get in, but you get a brunch as well as the musical stylings of Nellies (and our) favorite Shea Van Horn.
- RAW returns to Cobalt, with DJ David Merrill joining Shea Van Horn and Bil Todd.
- You Are What You Eat at Epic Yoga: AKA Yogis shaming you into eating healthy.
- HOT JEWS ALERT. The 5th Annual National Rainbow Seder, hosted by GLOE at the Human Rights Campaign HQ. We went last year and it and it was SO. MUCH. FUN. I mean, they had little plague finger puppets and skipped over the boring part of the service. It’s basically perfect. Just look: