Brigitte Bardot, Jane Birkin, Francoise Hardy, not to mention Simone de Beauvoir, Catherine Deneuve, and oh yea, Coco Chanel! There’s something about French woman and their effortlessly chic style that continues to impress, not to mention, allure. And keeps us coming back for more. A stripe-y tee, a French trench, a pair of dark sunnies, and a minimalist approach to life and fashion, simply, will have you feeling Breathless. The next thing you know you’ll be racing down the Waterfront, sidewalk skimmers in hand, stealing kisses with your beau. So, make your heart race! In preparation for BYT’s ZOU BISOU BISOU party @ Embassy of France this Saturday we are saying JE’TAIME to Paris, the infinitely stylish city and romance capital of the world, all its mystery, its JE NE SAIS QUOI, its wonder women, and its style icons!! Take-in your inner Parisian with “FRENCH LESSONS” to live by ALL week long. READY. LETS. GO.
1. STRIPES, STRIPES, STRIPES – Up, down, and all over! You can’t go wrong with this favorite French classic. Originally a staple of the French navy – the Parisian stripe quickly made its fashion debut with the House of Chanel’s famed Breton stripe (also, known as the navy and white “nautical” stripe). So, whether you are wearing it in zebra, color-blocked, or earning your racing stripes! This classic is ever-lasting.
2. MINIMALISM- Minimal chic is like a French girl’s middle name. Take a tip from the French-ies and pare down your wardrobe this weekend. We are all about minimalist palettes from crisp whites, to bold navies, to more neutral pinks and beiges. This spring wrap yourself in lace and wear a flower crown as a statement of your defining simplicity.
1. THE ICONS- 60s icons like Brigette Bardot and Jane Birkin epitomize French bohemian glamour and Sixties fashion. French philosopher and subtle beauty Simone de Beavoir and her counterpart Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel revolutionized twentieth century fashion, molding French fashion into much of what it is today.
4. TWENTY-FIRST C. CHIC- Madewell’s Spring/Summer collection looked to Paris for style inspiration, enlisting French design label Le Mont St. Michel to infuse their racks with a little je ne sais pas. The American- heritage brand turned to French musicians, models, and artists alike this Spring to reveal a few Parisian secrets from Record label owner Caroline de Maigret to gorgeous Parisian Constance Gennari. SHOP SHOP SHOP PARIS FAHION NOWWW!!
5. JOIE DE VIVRE – If you haven’t already heard! BYT + La Maison de Francaise will be celebrating the launch of Panda Head Magazine: Issue Six @the Embassy of France this Saturday. Don’t miss PH’s Morgan H. West’s beautiful interpretation of French living, with lace tepees, paper flowers, and other super enchanting inspirations. +LOVE LOVE LOVE these beautiful images from the mag featuring French model, writer and super talented artist Marie B. Gauthiez. CHECK OUT ISSUE 6!
GO TO: BYT + LA MAISON FRANCAISE PRESENT: ZOU BISOU BISOU @THE EMBASSY OF FRANCE TO GET TICKETS TO SATURDAY, MAY 26, PARTY + KEEP checking this space for more scoop on local style, fashion news and more. THANKS TO THE EMBASSY OF FRANCE, LA MAISON DE FRANCAISE, AND ALL THE AMAZING LADIES AND GENTS OF PANDA HEAD!!! +PH BEHIND-THE-SCENES!!