The weekend can be taxing, and very much wallet-draining. How are we supposed to have fun and save money? Fear not, we have complied some awesome and (mostly) free events going on this week that help you have fun and save some cash! PLEASE POST YOUR FREE EVENTS (FOR FREE!) ON OUR AGENDA PAGE or send us FREE TIPS to [email protected] for inclusion in the future FREE THINGS guide. So, time to plan the week!
- Tuesday, July 12 – The Georgetown Sunset Cinema series is screening Close Encounters of the Third Kind at 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12 – Town Green is showing The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water starting at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13 – Life of Pi will be shown at NoMa’s summer screen, doors open at 7 p.m., and there will be food trucks (and fashion trucks) present.
- Wednesday, July 13 – Minions will be playing at Gateway DC starting at dusk. Break out the picnic baskets and blankets.
- Thursday, July 14 – Capitol Riverfront will be screen Jurassic World at Canal park starting at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14 – DC Armory Mall is showing Happy Gilmore, seating starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 15 – Finding Nemo will be playing at Gateway Park starting at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 15 – Golden Cinema Series in Farragut Park will be screening Manchurian Candidate starting at dusk.
- Saturday, July 15 – Penrose Square in Arlington will be showing The Fault In Our Stars, just incase you needed a good Saturday Night cry.
- Sunday, July 17 – Pitch Perfect is at The Wine Bin in Ellicott City. End your weekend with something acca-awesome.
- Tuesday, July 12 – Buckeye + Bear has their free underground comedy show starting at 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12 – Capital Fringe Festival continues this week with shows starting Tuesday and continuing all week long. Be sure to check out our awesome feature on Capital Fringe founder and president Julianne Brienza!
- Wednesday, July 13 – The Big Hunt has a free comedy show starting at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13 – Speaking of comedy, Last Resort Comedy will be at Town Tavern starting at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13 – Rockin’ the Block Concert Series will be playing in Canal park starting at 6:30 p.m., if you’re into free and outdoor music.
- Thursday, July 14 – Port City Brewing Company will be hosting a Feminist Celebrity Comedy Show called “Power of Positive Drinking” which starts at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14 – POV will be hosting Girls of Summer rooftop concert series and doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14 – David Cole and the Main Street Blues Band will be at the Bethesda Summer Concert Series at Veterans Park starting at 6 p.m.
- Friday, July 15 – The Embassy Row Hotel Washington DC will be hosting “Play Hooky at Our National Ice Cream Day Celebration,” starting at 2 p.m. with $4 – $5 ice cream cones. Skip work for an hour and get cheap ice cream, it’ll be worth it, right?
- Friday, July 15 – Rockville Town Square will be putting on their Friday Night Live Concert Series starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 15 – 9:30 club will be hosting POP THAT: A 2000 & Now Dance Party w/ Mathias & Friends, for $10. Doors open at 9 p.m.
- Saturday, July 16 – The Girls Rock! DC 2016 Showcase will be at 9:30 club and doors open at 9:30 a.m., tickets are $10.
Happy 7/11! Celebrate with a FREE small @Slurpee, today only from 11AM to 7PM. RT TO SAVE A LIFE!
— 7-Eleven (@7eleven) July 11, 2016
- Monday, July 11 – Maybe not so much culture but something you should DEFINITELY take advantage of, its free slurpee day! Run to your nearest 711 before all the frozen slurpee goodness is gone!
- Thursday, July 14 – The Art League will be hosting an opening reception for two exhibits by Kathleen Best Gillmann, “Vision at Water’s Edge” and “Not A Box,” starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14 – Le Dipolmate will be kicking off their Bastille Day celebrations, which runs until Friday July 15. There will be free games, children’s activities, and more. Just pretend you’re French and enjoy some friendly competition with friends.
- Thursday, July 14 – The Smithsonian American Art Museum will be hosting Happy Birthday, Nam June Paik! starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 15 – The Smithsonian American Indian Museum will be hosting the Living Earth Festival from Friday to Sunday, which includes culinary arts, demonstrations, and activities for the family.
- Sunday, July 17 – Union Market will be hosting the sixth annual D.C. Scoop free ice cream extravaganza from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Dock Five. We all scream for free ice cream.
That’s all, remember – PLEASE POST YOUR FREE EVENTS (FOR FREE!) ON OUR AGENDA PAGE or send us FREE TIPS to [email protected] for inclusion in the future FREE THINGS guide. Feel free to leave us your suggestions in the comments. Sharing is the new caring.