There are only a few weekends left in the year to brunch- this should scare you, given the sheer number of incredible brunch places in DC, as highlighted in our 2014 Brunch Guide. If you’re completely overwhelmed, just try these five:
- Second State – This farm-t0-table hotspot never disappoints. Brunch menu items that stand out are shareable French Toast Sticks, Short Rib Benedict, and Mimosas with fresh squeezed orange juice. This is a great spot for any meal, check out our taste test here.
- Jaleo – For something a little different, you’ll want to visit José Andrés’ tapas restaurant. Caramelized plantains, smoked salmon, and paella are all words that appear frequently on this menu. More information in our brunch taste test.
- Degrees – The Georgetown Ritz-Carlton offers a picture-perfect brunch selection. Pick a few small plates such as the Chicken Sausage and Belgian Waffle Sandwich, Seared Diver Scallops, and Roasted Beet Salad, and enjoy. Our full re-cap here.
- Bistro Bohem – A diverse menu featuring delicious food with an Eastern European twist makes Bistro Bohem a must-try before the year is out. Items Chicken Sausage Bahn Mi, Borscht, and a Streudel of the Day give you a sense of the variety available here.
- Water & Wall – Everyone loves a good cocktail-in-a-mason-jar. Get yours at Water & Wall, along with breakfst and lunch options like Eggs & Kimchi or a Pulled Pork and Coleslaw Sammie. Need further convincing? We tasted the brunch menu for you.