Hey, D.C., welcome to Presidents’ Day Weekend! If you’re anything like us you love two things in this world; one is brunch. The other is planning your brunch and looking forward to every last well-earned morsel you’ll be putting in your mouth this weekend, come Hell or high water, and that especially goes for holidays and three-day weekends. While D.C. is chock-full of incredible brunches–you can find them in our extensive D.C. Brunch Guide here–the seasonal menus and specials rotate faster than you can scarf down that cinnamon roll. Fear not. We’re here to help with five new brunch specials to try this weekend for maximum foodie nirvana. Dig in, D.C. BONUS: check out our first week’s list of new brunch editions too as well as last week’s, mmk??
- Marvin Kick off President’s Day right with a full, glorious brunch at Marvin all weekend, and on President’s Day from 11:30am to 4:00pm. Craving some country-fried chicken and waffles made with free-range chicken, collards and gravy? They’ve got that. Maybe you’re in the mood for shrimp and cheddar grits with pan jus? BOOM, SUCKA, they’ve got that, too. The’ve got steak and eggs, bread pudding french toast, eggs benedict, croque madames and more so stop on by for Belgian soul food heaven.
- Firefly And you can find brunch with $3 mimosas and $4 bloodys at Firefly for a decadent brunch with booze that won’t break the bank. If you woke up with a sweet tooth, try the lemon ricotta pancakes with apricot & medjool date compote and mascarpone or the Pop Pop’s French Toast–apple brandy & vanilla dipped challah, apple orange compote, candied pecans and maple syrup. If you’re in the mood for savory they offer biscuits and gravy with black pepper thyme biscuits, sage sausage, white gravy & home fries, as well as eggs benedict, kale ‘n’ eggs, shrimp ‘n’ grits and more. They’ve even got a gluten free brunch menu; now that’s what we call (foodie) freedom.
- Founding Farmers For classic American fare, you can never go wrong with Founding Farmers. We swoon over their entire brunch menu, which, fortunately for us, will be served all weekend long and on President’s day from 7:00am to 2:00pm. Chow down on black pepper maple-cured ham and eggs, steak and eggs, red velvet pancakes, cast iron skillet eggs, scrambles, stuffed french toast, hashes and, well, just about anything you could imagine.
- Hank’s Oyster Bar Hank’s is keeping the brunch (and booze) flowing from 11:00am to 4:00pm this Monday with an extended President’s Day brunch. Here you’ll find brioche french toast, fried oyster frittatas, huevos rancheros, smoked salmon reubens and more. BONUS: You’ll find the Human Rights Campaign there, too, as this is the official brunch spot for the annual Her HRC event.
- City Tap House And we already told you last week that City Tap House serves up gourmet chicken & waffles, foie gras French toast and crab cake benedicts at brunch but this President’s Day you can find all of these brunch offerings PLUS a beer brunch with Troeggs Brewing. Sample the Nugget Nectar as well as a full line-up of beer specially picked for brunch pairings. It’s what the forefathers would have wanted.