If you’re mourning the loss of Fashion’s Night Out this year, mourn no more because something equally exciting is happening in Georgetown to make up for it. From October 10 to 12, celebrate Georgetown’s fashion, art and design with a variety of events like style parties, public art projects, red carpets and more!
Thursday, October 10
Prepare yourself for the greatness to come. Check out BYT’s Street Style: Georgetown edition for style inspiration, and see what happened at last year’s Fashion’s Night Out in Georgetown.
Purchase a $10 signature FAD Georgetown t-shirt and $10 signature FAD Georgetown tote bag at FAD hubs or select locations throughout Georgetown, or in advance online.
Luxury car service Uber will get you to FAD Georgetown in style! Attendees who are new to Uber get $15 off their first ride—just sign up and apply the promo code FADGEORGETOWN before or after your first trip to receive the discount. Hop on and off the complimentary FAD electric “eCruiser” shuttle that’ll take you where you need to go within Georgetown! Look for the “eCruiser” around Georgetown or call 443.699.5601 for a free ride. The “eCruiser” shuttlewill operate from 2–10 pm Thursday and Friday and 12-6 pm on Saturday.
Friday, October 11
Celebrate style during FAD Fashion, as over 40 stores host events showcasing the best of fall fashion. Click here and scroll down to see which stores and what deals they might have. Trendsetters can strike a pose at pop-up red carpet events and enjoy live public art presentations from No Kings Collective at the FAD Fashion Lounge at PNC Bank.
- Street Style Live w/WORN Creative: WORN Creative photographers will be scouting Georgetown with Leica cameras capturing the savvy style of FAD attendees, then project the images onto the large screen at the FAD Fashion Lounge at PNC Bank.
- Everyone’s a Star: Walk the red carpet, strike a pose and have your picture taken at three FAD Georgetown red carpet locations—Cady’s Alley (between 33rd & 34th on M St.), at PNC Bank (Wisconsin Avenue and M St.) and at 30th & M St. (SunTrust Bank.) It’ll feel like you’re famous!
- FAD Fashion Lounge at PNC Bank: FAD Fashion will take over the PNC Bank parking lot, transforming the locale into the FAD Fashion Lounge. Pick up your FAD Georgetown t-shirt or tote, take a shopping break and enter to win free goodies at the Uber Lounge, watch artists create a live public art painting from No Kings Collective, listen to music from DJ Adrian Loving, and more. Also, check out No Kings Collective’s pop-up gallery at 3336 M Street, from 5–9 pm.
Saturday, October 12
Kick off National Design Week with a day full of art and design events at more than 25 Georgetown art galleries, home furnishings stores and design showrooms from Book Hill to Wisconsin Avenue and M Street to Cady’s Alley.
- FAD Art & Design: Book Hill: Celebrate art and design with the local merchants of Book Hill on upper Wisconsin Avenue, where more than 15 local boutiques and art galleries showcase their best. Take in the Book Hill Art Gallery Walk led by art collector and designer, Christopher Boutlier, from 1–3 pm (Walk begins at Addison Ripley Fine Art, 1670 Wisconsin Ave., NW). Bring the entire family for fall fun and pumpkin carving at Patisserie Poupon, and enjoy live jazz music from Laissez Foure at one of the event’s many curbside lounges.
- National Design Week Kick-Off at Cady’s Alley: Celebrate the start of National Design Week with some serious style at Georgetown’s own design district—Cady’s Alley. Design-focused merchants will offer promotions and in-store events.
– Channel Jean-Luc Godard and catch design-focused flicks playing in rotation in the Cady’s Alley breezeway from 11 am–7 pm.
– Catch the Coffee Talk with ASID interior designers followed by Q&A.Coffee and croissants will be served. Interior Designers include: Lisa Adams, Dana Lehmer, Gary Lovejoy and Kerry Touchette. Coffee Talk will take place at 3336 M Street from 11 am–1 pm.
– Unleash Your Inner Artist!® with ArtJamz, America’s original public art studio will lead a public canvas painting session from 3–5 pm at 3336 M Street. This is a ticketed event. Register at bit.ly/fad-paint.
– Close out FAD Art & Design with a design industry mixer, from 6–8 pm, featuring a red carpet and photo booth, signature cocktails from Kafe Leopold, art installation by No Kings Collective, and live music by Virginia Tech’s Washington-Alexandria Architecture Center (WAAC) Band.
If you’re not there, this is what I’ll say: