There’s nothing we love more than true crime. We talk about it, we read about it, hell, we built the Death Becomes Us true crime festival (buy your tickets to the upcoming D.C. festival now!). So we decided to take our daily true crime chats (it’s a fun office environment!) and condense them into an easy to read column jam packed with all the crime news you crave. From our favorite podcasts, to some classic #TBTs, we’ve got all the talking points you need to scare your friends and family.
DISPATCHES FROM THE DEAD: PODCAST RECOMMENDATIONS
- Your boy Keith Morrison and the wild folks at Dateline are back with another podcast! The Thing About Pam takes a look at unbelievable story of the murder of Betsy Faria. I won’t tell you more. It’s better if you check out the trailer.
- Looking for something a little less fresh off the rack? Dive into the first season of Alaska Unsolved, which follows the story of Erin Marie Gilbert’s disappearance in Girdwood, Alaska in 1995.
- You know what time it is, say it with me, P.A.R.C.A.S.T. time! Your best friends at Parcast have a brand new true crime podcast (like they do every week). This one is called Sports Criminals. It’s about sports criminals. You know what to do.
NEWLY UNEARTHED: TRUE CRIME NEWS
- First, come see Lorena (Bobbitt) Gallo and Amanda Knox in conversation at our true crime festival! Tickets are on sale now.
- Opera Philadelphia is premiering a true crime opera called Denis & Katya if you’re up for a road trip.
- Khloe Kardashian’s true crime show is chugging along.
- If you’re not watching Unbelievable, you’re messing up.
- Looking for another analysis of why women love true crime? Savage Appetites should be on your book list.
THE CRIME CAPSULE: ON THIS DAY
On this day in 1959, Harvey Glatman, an American serial killer who was also known as The Lonely Hearts Killer and The Glamour Girl Slayer (gross!), was executed.